WHAT TO EXPECT ON SUNDAYS
Stepping into a church for the first time can take a bit of courage. To help you, we take things easy at Grace Church. You can dress as formal or informal as you like - wear what's comfortable. If you are a parent or caregiver with babies or toddlers, we welcome you. There is space for you to care for your children.
As we begin a worship service, you will see and experience the following:
- A greeting and a prayer
- Songs that express our beliefs about God and his truth revealed in the Bible
- A message preached from the Bible. Our usual practice is to preach through a book of the Bible
- Children are included in the service and provided with worksheets to help them along
- Communion. A time where followers of Jesus take bread and juice in remembrance of the Gospel (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- A morning tea, giving time for refreshment and building our relationships
PASTOR: BRUWER VROON
"I'm thankful that you've looked at our website. Welcome. My wife and I, along with our three children (now four) moved to Gisborne in 2016. We love it here. I'm thankful for the privilege of pastoring Grace Church and I look forward to meeting you.
At Grace we acknowledge that we are imperfect people looking toward a perfect person, Jesus. And we look toward Jesus through the Bible as the only reliable means by which to understand his life, death and resurrection. I warmly invite you to join us in this mission for the good of our communities, neighbours and friends."