WHAT TO EXPECT ON SUNDAYS
Stepping into a church for the first time can take a bit of courage, but we're here to help you do so. Dress as formal or informal as you like - wear what's comfortable. If you are a parent or caregiver with babies or toddlers, we welcome you. Keeping your children with you during the service is a normal part of church life for us, but there is a creche room available should the need arise.
Our Sunday services are structured to fix our attention on the one true God. As such we include the following:
- A greeting and a prayer
- We regularly confess our faith together using either the Apostles creed or Nicene creed
- Songs that express our beliefs about God as He revealed himself in the Bible
- A sermon is preached leading us through a passage of the Bible
- Children are included in the service
- Communion. A time where followers of Jesus visibly remember the Gospel (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- A morning tea, giving time for refreshment and building our relationships
PASTOR: BRUWER VROON
"I'm thankful that you've looked at our website. Welcome. My wife and I, along with our three children (now four) moved to Gisborne in 2016. We love it here. I'm thankful for the privilege of pastoring Grace Church and I look forward to meeting you.
At Grace we acknowledge that we are imperfect people looking toward a perfect person, Jesus. And we look toward Jesus through the Bible as the only reliable means by which to understand his life, death and resurrection. I warmly invite you to join us in this mission for the good of our communities, neighbours and friends."